30 Paintings in 30 Days





















Well, I didn't quite paint 30 paintings, but I sure spent a LOT more time working in my studio. Here is a quick collage of most of the paintings, but not all of them. I used an app that only allowed this many images to be compiled.

What did I learn?

1-I learned that I DO really enjoy painting ESPECIALLY when I work on my own ideas. The first 2 days I realized I was THINKING that all my paintings needed to be representational and that didn't inspire me to do more. Then I realized I needed to do what I have the most experience in which is as more of a mixed media abstract painter. I like to add images in a variety of ways and LOVE texture. I am not a representational artist...as much as I like to hope I will be one day it is not my strong suit.

2- I can work in my studio everyday and be happy. Somehow I spend a lot of time doing things that keep me out of my studio. I get caught up in doing chores and getting sucked in to the online world. I start thinking I have to be in the right mood to go up there, but I just need to go up there, shut out the world, turn on some music and get busy up there.


Comments

  1. Time and energy well -spent. They are beautiful pieces!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts