Art Journaling on the plane

In the past 2 months I worked on making backgrounds on all the pages in my latest art journal. It was a bit thick after I sprayed the pages, so I did remove 10 pages from the book. It originally had 60 pages. Using Dylusions spray inks with various stencils I saturated the pages with vibrant colors and patterns. I made a couple of spray paints to use also to get some opaque fluorescent colors. I was keen on the idea of creating all the backgrounds, that way I would not be intimidated by the blank page when art journaling. Not all pages have text some are just loose designs like this page.

Art journal page by Chelsea Weiss of www.chelseasparks.com
Art journal page by Chelsea Weiss of www.chelseasparks.com

On the way home from a trip to Salt Lake City I doodled on this particular page with a FUDE BALL 1.5 pen, uni-ball Signo Broad white pen, uni-ball Vision fine pen and some Prismacolor colored pencils over top the pre-colored background.

 

Comments

Popular Posts