Artomatic@Frederick 2013 - Artist Night

I had the most amazing time tonight at the artist family & friends night at Artomatic@ Frederick 2013. There were so many great guests and artists to meet. I got to be a busy little bee being social and talking about my work and my spacemate's work. People were so kind and responsive to my outrageous ways. I playfully heckled people if they chose to pass by our room and let them know they were going to have to stop and visit on the way back. I am basking in the joy of being social about my artwork.

My spacemate Catherine Christopher does these amazing pieces of decorative plaster on canvas. She manipulates the plaster with trowels, scrapers and her fingers. Her work has so much visual depth for something so thin. She really has mastered the material in a most beautiful way.

Where Catherine has mastered her technique my work is more based on new methods. Not new to the world, but new to me. I went to two creative retreats in the last two years which allowed me to learn from some fabulous artists. The art I am showing at Artomatic@Frederick is based on my work from their instruction and techniques. For anyone that came by and listened to my shtick, thank you from the bottom of my heart for letting me shine. This was a really great day and experience. I am so incredibly grateful.

I even did some demonstrations of how to use liquid watercolors in spray bottles. I had adults and kids interested. I was so excited to talk with some young artists and share my enthusiasm & encouragement with them. Good stuff.

Artwork by Chelsea Weiss of www.ChelseaSparks.com
delight

 

Comments

Popular Posts