Small Foods 2013, Yummo Award Winner!

I participated in a contest in Baltimore this past Saturday night called Small Foods 2013 (Baltimore Sun article about Small Foods 2013 ). My good friend Nicole Pare' helped me run the food station that consisted of mini grilled cheese sandwiches with mini dill spears, Tomato Basil soup served in itty bitty bowls and itty bitty Key Lime pie slices. I COULD NOT have done it without my husband's support and Nicole's willingness to work with me! It was a blast.

The event was originally inspired by the documentary "Supersize Me". It is a participatory event where the contestants make tiny foods. There are 5 categories and 1 grand prize winner from that lot of five. I won in one of the five categories, the Yummo! Award for taste for my mini grilled cheese sandwiches. You can also find it on Facebook by searching for Small Foods 2013. I was so busy making sandwiches that I didn't get to take pictures. I DO have a picture of my fun fabulous trophy...too silly! There is a picture of my itty bitty sandwiches and a goofy one of me when I won the award.

Trophy won by Chelsea Weiss of www.ChelseaSparks.com
Yummo! Trophy for mini grilled cheese sandwiches by Chelsea Weiss

chelsea *sparks*

according to dictionary.com

*spark* anything that activates or stimulates; inspiration or catalyst.

 

Comments

  1. Congratulations on the award! The Sun did a great article. Your grilled cheese looks so cute and the mini coffees?....I think they will catch on! We once did a New Year's Eve party with all amuse-bouche and it was quite a hit. You are so talented. Love your collages. Hey, I am getting used to the IPad (except it keeps changing the spelling:) Valerie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts