In honor of Tony's birth, a collage for him

In case you are seeing these posts for the first time I will explain the inspiration of these collages.

Instead of having New Year's resolutions I made New Year's declarations. I tried to keep them simple and inspiring. For 2012 I declared it to be the year of the Collage, the year of Connectedness and the year of Health and Wellness.

I have always loved collages, but I never really got into the dirtier techniques where the collages have a weathered look to them. My collages always had a simple clean graphic aesthetic. I decided to combine the Collage & Connectedness declarations by making a mini collage in honor of a person's birth and mailing it to him/her to let them know I was thinking of them.

So I get practice trying different materials & techniques of collage and the people I have been in touch with or want to reconnect with are getting these efforts as a mini artwork gift via the United Postal Service.


 

Comments

Popular Posts