So what are you doing?

My mom and I have had a lot of time to talk while I am down at her house helping out while she is recovering from hip replacement surgery. Many of our conversations have been about the quality of our lives and things we do to cope with what issues come our way. It is so easy when you have a busy life to spend most of your time AND energy dealing with urgent matters first. A downside to being so busy ALL the time putting out the latest fire is you never have a chance to work on the bigger picture of your life. It is so important to carve out a little bit of time to have invention time where you get to make your life have more of what you DO want in it.

For example, my mom is lacking a creative outlet in her life. She has a big, bright, beautifull studio, but has never emersed herself in any artwork making activity. After we spoke of this "carved out time" for the purpose of creating what you want in your life we ended up going over and just sitting in her studio. We didn't DO anything. Instead we talked about some of the actual steps that would need to happen in order for her to start using the space - like bringing in some work tables. We didn't do anything, but instead just spent some time in the great space to get some inspiration. I told her about SARK's micromovements and how they can be really helpful to anyone. To read more about them go to SARK's web page about micromovements

I ask you...
so what are YOU doing to have more of what you want in your life?

Comments

  1. I have the opposite dilema. I have so many projects happening simultaneously, that I have to choose which ones to carry through and which ones to put down. Though I do like to play the game of "what canI make out of this?". It challenges me to tap into a deeper creative place using what I've got, rather than trying to dream up what I want to create.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts