Those Who Wander


When I went to SARK's workshop last year that dealt with Making Your Creative Dreams Real - I asked SARK, "What do you do when you don't know which Creative Dream to pick?". She suggested reading Barbara Sher's Book, Refuse to Choose Use ALL of Your Interests, Passions and Hobbies to Create the Life and Career of Your Dreams. After starting I started reading the book I felt such a sense of relief in knowing that there are other people who also have many interests and trouble chosing which one to pursue. I've always questioned myself with, "What is the one thing that I am meant to do?" "What road signs to that one thing I am not seeing?".

Not all who wander are lost.

     -J.R.R. Tolkein

This book opened my eyes to celebrating my assorted interests and combining them into one fun creative dream with many aspects to accommodate my various interests.

I am now pursuing Personalized Event Design using chelseasparks.com as my base. I start planning the event with the invitation. An invitation is a great way to get people excited about an event/party. I can move on to the decor and all the other print materials involved to making the event spectacular. Having a cohesive presentation with repeated imagery sticks in people's minds. An event that I design and coordinate is unlike most events - which leaves the guests so delighted and talking about the event ongoingly! From small dinner party events to larger scale weddings I can create a memorable event for you. I have great  team to work with - Anna that makes beautiful menus and will cater your party (her business name is Peas N Carrots) and Heather a chocolatier/cake stylist that can help make an event fantastic.

Right now we are working on an August Bridal Shower with a tapas theme. We are creating a four round tapas menu each round having 2 tapas. The guests' taste buds will be visiting four regions of the world - Asia, Latin America, Europe and the Middle East. Anna from Peas N Carrots will be preparing the foods, chelseasparks.com will be doing the event management and decor and Heather will be presenting 4 miniature cakes with designs to be approved by the bride for the wedding cake.

Heather and I will be rocking the wedding with a fabulous cake (orange velvet) and fun favors. chelseasparks.com will be designing the event - starting with the invitation, which recently went out! So far the reports are good for a stunning invitation! I'll post pics when I have them, but since it all hasn't happened yet I don't want to spoil any details by posting them prior to the actual events.

That's how fabulous things have been going since I've embraced the variety of interests I get to create at chelseasparks.com.

Comments

  1. i love you chelsea...i am so excited for you because you are so talented and have so many fabulous gifts to share ! adoring you so...hillary

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea Chels! I think you will do great! In fact, when I have events to do for Jeff and the office, I know exactly where I will turn for help. YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts